Modern Railings Gallery & Ideas
“ What every review says before me is true! After a long and sometimes arduous construction project of our new home, Yevgeniy and Alex from Art Metal Workshop were a pleasure to do business with. Our railings were completed as desired, on-time and as per quote. They are fair, reliable and efficient. Thank you.” – KAREN HANNAH in Toronto
Modern Railings Toronto / GTA
It’s the details that make the difference. When people walk into your home or office building it is the finer details and well thought out accent pieces that give your space a unique appeal.
One of the first places that people often encounter is your staircase. Therefore, modern handrails are effective interior design elements that will take your interior design to the next level and in addition to having the ability to increase the value of your home.
Modern stair railing materials to consider
Wood is not your only option when it comes to choosing a modern railing. While wood railings were once the standard, builders have become more creative and now use an array of materials. Commonly used modern handrail materials include:
- Metals such as brass, wrought iron, steel, stainless steel.
Tips for selecting modern stair railings
With the skill of modern builders and the technology they have at their disposal, there is no shortage of options when it comes to selecting and designing a modern handrail. Therefore, home owners and builders are only limited to their creativity. However, you want to make sure that, while your modern rail is meant to be an eye catcher, it still fits within the overall design scheme for your home or office.
Here are some tips and considerations when selecting a modern railing for your staircase:
- Work with and not against the style of your home: While an elaborate design may be what you want, you need to go with a railing design that fits within the design and style of your home. You don’t want your railing to take away from the overall appeal of your home.
- Understand the look you want to achieve: If you want to achieve a modern look that still has traditional elements, then wood is your best bet. Metal and glass hand railings may not be the look you are going for.
- Budget: How much you are willing to allocate out of your budget for railings will shape and refine the options that are available to you when it comes to modern railings.
- Your Lifestyle: If you plan on spending a considerable amount of time entertaining in areas in your home where your railings are on display, then investing in modern railings are great choices.
- Have Consistency: When it comes to modern railings, you want to have some consistency throughout your home. So, make sure you factor in the other railings in your home when deciding on railings for your staircase or other area in your home.
- Some designs are not for you: Not all designs will work in your home. For example, not all homes can accommodate spiral or glass railings. Make sure that the modern railings you are considering can realistically be added to your home.
Modern railing will give your home a great look and appeal. However, before installation, make sure that you spend some time considering all the important elements associated with railing selection and your home architecture to ensure you install the perfect railing fit for your home.