When it comes to home protection from unauthorized access, we first think of how to protect our front and back doors from being kicked in by burglars. And that is no surprise, as it is through the door that you can enter and leave the house and carry out things without arousing suspicion from passers-by. Therefore, many owners of private dwellings and commercial buildings install screen security doors.
In practice, however, it is not always the best solution. For example, you want to keep the porch’s appearance the same, or you need to observe the outdoor area and air the premises. In this case, security gates for doors will be an excellent solution. Meanwhile, many front-door grill models are on the market, so getting lost in the choice is easy. This article will zero in on the types of door security grills and how to choose the right one.
Despite many steel door grilles variations, we can split almost all of them into two categories by type of opening: swinging grills and sliding grates. Each kind has its composition features and peculiarities of use.
These models have a relatively simple construction: grille and frame coupled by hinges. Grilles for such models can be of several types. They are as follows:
● Straight entry door grill. Such models look strict and elegant. Bars can be round or square. They draw the attention of customers with their symmetry and save space.
● Curved metal gates for doors. Such constructions are trendy due to their expressiveness and variety of performance.
● Custom door grills and gate. Typically these models combine various unique elements and several manufacturing techniques.
Due to its strength, reliability, and easy installation, such a product is always in high demand.
Despite a simple design, a sliding grill door for a home consists of a mass of movable levers, similar to the principle of working on scissors. Thanks to them, grilles fold into one or two thin stripes. They are additionally equipped with rollers to ensure a smooth opening. Due to their compactness, reliability, and durability, such models are often installed in banks, offices, and commercial buildings.
We can highlight the following advantages of sliding grilles:
● Interesting design. Even the simplest sliding grates models draw attention and add uniqueness to the external appearance of the building.
● Space savings. Sliding grating construction is very compact. After folding, they occupy only a small part of the doorway. So, when you open access to your property, visitors may not notice that a sliding gate is installed at the entrance.
● The broad scope of application. Thanks to their compactness, you can install such constructions at the entrance and window openings, providing security to your house.
The cost of the door grille varies depending on several factors. Let us itemize them.
Door grill design
The grilles can be sliding, hinged, straight, curved, or combined. The more complex and original the product composition, the higher the price, especially if pressure treated accessories are used.
The prices of the security gate for door also depend on manufacturing technology, the equipment used, and production techniques. For example, welded structures are cheaper, but forged grilles look more stylish and original.
The final product price includes the materials (steel of different grades and brands differ in price) and corrosion resistant coatings’ cost. Metal width also plays a role.
If you reside in Toronto and ask yourself where can I buy a security gate door near me, do not hesitate to visit the Art Metal Workshop store website and check out a plethora of security gates for doors residential available for pickup. Here you can find ready-made solutions or order an individual project.
A team of Art Metal in-house designers is ready to create even the most complex constructions that will fully meet the wishes and expectations of a customer. And certified workshop employees will arrange delivery and install ready-made grates; if you have the old ones, you can order a door grille replacement.
The security grill door range of application is much broader than the security gate door. Typically the grilles are installed in the following areas:
For such purposes, grilles should be not only reliable and durable but also should be aesthetic. So, for example, you can decorate them with designed pressure treated item and forged elements.
It is an excellent alternative to residential steel security doors, which does not darken the already dimly lit corridors. As a rule, such grilles are installed on each floor and in individual building blocks where you need additional movement control for residents or visitors.
– Premises needing constant ventilation
It can be a basement or storage room where you need to provide indoor ventilation and control the movement of people and goods. For such purposes, you can install the most straightforward hinged iron grates.
– Entrance to the house territory
Metal door grille, along with fencing, is an excellent way to secure your front yard. Typically, in such cases, the owners install massive design grates that are not only for protection but also part of the exterior.
Currently, the popularity of metal entrance doors is due to the desire of each person to protect himself, his loved ones, and his property from illegal actions. Today, you can find a wide range of metal door gate models on the market, which differs in the quality and width of the metal, the locking systems used, and the appearance. However, regardless of the model, each front door grill has several undeniable advantages.
● Firstly, modern steel grilles have fire resistance, strength, and durability. Furthermore, the technological process is automated. Therefore the possibility of defects during manufacture is practically excluded. In addition, mechanized production can significantly reduce the cost of a final product. It, in turn, allows manufacturers to set affordable prices on door security grilles.
● Secondly, in most cases, manufacturers equip steel grates with complex locking systems.
● The third benefit of security grills for doors is their high strength and resistance to burglary.
First, paying attention to the metal from which the grille is made is necessary. Today there are three primary materials on the market that are used for this purpose.
● Forged steel. It is the most common option. This steel is plastic, giving almost unlimited opportunities to create decorative solutions. However, compared to other metals, this material has low strength characteristics. Therefore, in this case, it is important not to save on the width of the gate bars.
● Reinforcement steel. This material is durable but difficult to bend and is less often used to create decorative elements.
● Special steels. The sturdiest grilles are made of such materials. But the price of such products is relatively high.
The second criterion to pay attention to is the quality of the anti-corrosion coating. Although iron is a durable material, without proper protection from the influence of the environment, it will gradually lose its appearance.
The Art Metal Workshop store has been providing its services in the Canadian market for more than 18 years. During this time, the company has proven to be a reliable and reputable steel construction manufacturer. Thousands of satisfied customers in Toronto and other Canadian cities can confirm this.
The main advantages of cooperating with the Art Metal Workshop store are as follows:
● Quality and durable products. Only high-quality metals and anti-corrosion coatings from trusted brands are used in construction manufacturing. All work is performed by certified specialists using modern equipment.
● Wide variety of design solutions. You can buy a ready-made product or order an individual project at Art Metal. An in-house design team is ready to perform even the most challenging and creative tasks.
● Customer focus. The Art metal specialists are ready to provide full support for the design, cost calculation, delivery, and installation of the entry door grill.
So, if you are still thinking about where to order a gate door, do not hesitate to visit the Art Metal Workshop website and select a door grill that will serve you for many years.
What are security grilles?
Wrought iron security grills are sturdy structures with high defensive performance and serve as an alternative to security doors for home.
What is the grill in the door called?
The grill in the door we also call the door gate. Such constructions are usually made of round or square iron bars.