When there is a need to preserve yard space near a residential or commercial building, choosing a cantilever gate system makes perfect sense. It is a minimalistic option of the sliding gate, which does not require space for a track to be embedded in ground. It is the choice for both private lots and large businesses. Using these gate systems is beneficial in terms of aesthetics, reliability, and safety. Let’s take a closer look at these gates and their advantages.
Gates are divided into swing gates and those that slide. The gate systems we are considering are of the second type. They get their name from the principle of operation because they are equipped with two bottom cantilever rollers (depending on the design), ensuring the sash movement along the fence.
The sliding mono-rail does not touch the ground. It is supported on each side by a gate post. This is a major difference from traditional sliding gates, which move with a wheel touching the surface (or on a bottom track mounted on the ground). There is no need for wheels for the cantilever gate because it is attached to the mounting posts.
The gate can move along the fence. The length of the fence shall not be less than the size of the rectangular protective blade. Moreover, the gates’ height and the height of the fence can be the same size. This way, during the opening, the gate is completely hidden behind the fence, sliding with the help of cantilever rollers to one side.
Such gates allow the rational use of space adjacent to or industrial area precisely because of their unique design features. They also do not interfere with the hardscaping of the property.
One of the design features is the presence of two gate frames. One is called the frame, and the other is the power frame, which acts as the base. The presence of the power gate frame is significant because the sash has no support in the opening. The same applies to sliding gates with a large weight and other options, where the fixation on the pillars is difficult or impossible.
The cantilever gate kit for installation includes all the necessary hardware. Its quality determines the ease and comfort of the linear motion of the sash and its reliable performance.
The gate hardware kit consists of the following elements:
– Roller supports to hold the rolling structure together.
– Guide rail or cantilever beam where the gate rollers hide.
– Brackets that hold the sash in an upright position.
– Blinds that protect from snow, dirt, and foreign objects.
– Catcher to relieve the load from the roller supports.
– End roller that secures the gate in the catch.
In the future, during use, you can buy the necessary components, for example, bottom rollers or top rollers. However, remember that each element must match the construction’s size and weight. This helps you to install the sash between the mounting posts quickly and without mistakes and to avoid problems with security later on.
There may be other components in the set, depending on the individual characteristics of the gates. For example, you can automate the movement of the leaf to make it easier to control them. In this case, the opening and closing of the gate are done by an electric motor.
– Actuator with a control unit. Installed between the roller supports. The unit is used to control the automatics functions.
– Stop system. Triggers when the gate is closed or open.
– Steel toothed rack. Responsible for a more accurate and reliable movement.
– Command device. Includes remote control, button, and GSM module to remotely adjust the movement of the sash.
– Photocells. Helps to keep track of obstacles that may occur during the closing of the gate.
– Warning light. Blinks during the movement of the safety leaf.
Such automated components are used in a modern cantilever electric gate system. This not only brings a new level of ease of operation but also of safety. Cantilever sliding electric gates are usually used in large plants, such as manufacturing, and are operated automatically by gate operators under the supervision of an operation manager.
A swing gate has been known for centuries. But the cantilever slide gate system became widespread relatively recently. And it is used practically on any site:
– Cantilever gates for house. For owners of private houses and country cottages, it is an opportunity to protect the yard and the building from prying eyes, prevent burglary, and provide convenient access to the outdoor area for family members. In this case, the emphasis is on the cantilever gate with door and cantilever garden gate. This is where a unique gate design is applied.
– Cantilever gates for residential neighborhoods. This option can be used to enclose areas where multi-story and multi-apartment buildings are located. It is especially common in new comfortable residential complexes with a well-appointed adjacent territory and developed infrastructure.
– Cantilever gates for commercial use. We can accommodate such constructions next to shopping malls, entertainment venues, and business centers. This allows you to control the flow of cars moving through the commercial area.
– Cantilever gates for industrial. Companies with their own fleets want to control the entry of vehicles into an enclosed area. This is the reason for choosing a cantilever driveway gate. It can be as much about warehouses as about large plants and factories (automatic slide gate operators are often used).
As you can see, gates on rollers of this type are universal. Their installation is possible both in the city and in uneven suburban areas. It is not uncommon to find a cantilever gate on slope in other areas, where regular swing gates or structures on wheels are problematic to install.
These gates are in demand not only because of their versatility. In addition, the cantilever gate has an affordable price and is practical and durable.
Five arguments for choosing this option:
You need to install only one leaf, which takes a minimum of time. Keep in mind that cantilever gate installation should be done by professionals because there are many nuances that are difficult to consider on your own.
Practicality of the cantilever gates for driveways
The driveway is not restricted either above or below. The cantilever driveway has a special gate design considering the car’s height. This makes the cantilever entrance gate a convenient option for car owners.
If necessary, you can always automate the process on the basis of gate operators. This is more available than for the swing gate. The fact is that the cantilever type uses only one motor, and the swing type uses two.
The leaf opens to one side along the fence. It does not block the passage of cars and does not create obstacles to the movement of people on the territory at this time.
The сantilever gate design is very clever. The leaf and gate frame are made of durable materials (aluminum and steel), which provides a decent level of protection against intrusion.
In general, such gates are very durable. And there are many reasons for that. Rollers and brackets are made of galvanized steel, so they do not rust. Rollers are inside the guide beam and are protected from snow, stones, and debris, unlike the wheels. Reliability is assured through the use of sturdy concrete footings.
– Cantilever gates for fences differ significantly from other options:
– Cantilever gates vs. Sliding gate. Traditional sliding gates use wheels, while cantilever gates have a railless system, which is more reliable. It is also possible to have two gates in a slide gate.
– Cantilever gates vs. Rolling gate. The cantilever gate is of one-piece construction, unlike the roll version with a chain link, which makes it easier to install and maintain.
– Cantilever gates vs. Swing gate. In the first case, one leaf moves in one direction along the fence, and in the second case, two sashes form larger openings and occupy a lot of space.
Looking for services on the query “cantilever gate installers near me”? Our company can help you with this. We manufacture cantilever gates for sale according to your requirements: prepare the cantilever driveway drawing, create the product, and install it on your site.
Over the years, Art Metal has fulfilled hundreds of orders for private homeowners and businesses in Canada. We guarantee each customer a decent combination of quality and cost. Many awards confirm our professionalism in this field.
Do you want to install reliable and stylish gates? Contact Art Metal – we will make them tailor-made for you!