Designing modern steel stairs that fit the overall style of your house and your lifestyle is an essential factor when building a new home or partially renovating it. Focus on durability and design options, considering the type of stairs, steps, and construction material. Art Metal has a large selection of stylish ready-made and tailored solutions and the opportunity to order the designing of your project. We will decorate your home with a modern metal staircase of any type!
First of all, a staircase in a private house is an ideal and probably the only convenient option for transition between floors. It can be standard or unique, depending on your inspiration, desire, and budget.
In a luxury penthouse, such a functional element of decor would look incredible, especially if you choose a design project in the modern style. So, what other possibilities do the installation of a metal interior staircase offer?
Multifunctionality. Provides transition between floors and rooms and can accommodate drawers under steps for belongings.
Design. Emphasizes the interior of a house and expresses the style of the owners.
Interactivity. It entertains children and becomes a trainer for counting steps correctly.
Inspiration. Helps owners focus and think of an idea while going up or down the stairs.
Art Metal creates different types of stairs and also manufactures metal railing for new models or existing structures. We offer an overview of the most common models to design your ideal staircase and help you decide on an order.
The most common and simple steel staircase designs that are used in residential and office buildings. They can be made of different types of stringer and materials but are always built in the same direction.
– easy to ascend and descend;
– no intermediate support structure is needed;
– combine with minimalist interior styles;
– easy to pick up and design railing.
– take up a lot of space;
– do not provide as much privacy on the floor as some other types;
– more suitable for offices.
One of the options of straight stairs indoors, but with a bend in the form of L. In standard solutions, its angle is 90 degrees. The central platform is located closer to the bottom or top of the stair treads steel.
– an interesting view;
– visual privacy barrier between floors;
– safer than straight type staircase;
– transmit sound better if located inside the walls;
– a platform is a resting place before the next ascent;
– can be placed in the corner of a room when designing.
– complicated design, unlike a straight staircase;
– railing requires careful selection and design;
– requires a stringer to be installed in a room.
A fascinating version of the design with steps that follow a spiral. As a rule, such steel stairs have one central stringer that connects all the elements. Used on yachts and in the interiors of homes with little space for large items.
– compact design;
– attractive appearance and a variety of styles;
– no need for additional supports.
– not adapted for walking two at a time;
– not designed to carry bulky objects;
– safety rules may prohibit them from being built as access to the second floor.
This view has a platform that connects the two parallel straight stairs. It forms a 180o turn in the walking line.
– will fit seamlessly into any interior;
– architecturally distinctive design;
– there is a rest point between the rise.
– difficult type of steel stairs for a room.
One of the subtypes of the L-shaped steel stringer stairs. The main difference is the absence of a flat platform for rest. Instead, the transition is made in the form of triangular steps. Often used as a secondary staircase in older homes, for example, to go to the kitchen.
– take up less space indoor;
– ideal for houses with a vintage look;
– popular in modern and eco designs;
– compact and visually appealing.
– need a central stringer to erect;
– railing needs special selection;
– complicated option in comparison with the L-shaped staircase.
This design looks like a spiral, where the steps follow an unfinished arc. It creates elegant styles both in the house and in the office. Owners often put steel stairs in front of the front door to impress visitors.
– traditional but modern;
– easy to ascend and descend.
– the most difficult to fabricate among other types of structures;
– some of the most expensive to order.
A great option in the style of high-tech and minimalism. These designs are characterized by steps floating in the air, which are adjacent to the wall with one side part. Steel indoor stairs have no steps and sometimes full railing.
– spectacular and stylish look;
– the stringer does not interfere, freeing up more space;
– it is possible to replace a single step or floor covering without dismantling the entire structure;
– create the feeling of an open and large room.
– supporting wall must be suitable in material and thickness;
– installation and manufacture will cost more than the simpler types;
– requires careful preparation before design and fastening. .
This type is designed to be placed in front of the house’s front entrance or for small loft apartments. It has wide steps that end with a platform. The steel staircase is further divided into two straight structures that point in different directions.
– gives access to opposite parts of the second floor;
– impressive in scope and size.
– requires more space in the house;
– more expensive because of the complexity and configuration of the structure than other types.
Professionals at Art Metal will fulfill any of your design wishes. We advise what types are available and best fit for your project as well as custom make unique staircases for your house or office! Leave your contacts and wait for a call!
Structural or architectural steps and other elements can be made of different materials. When selecting them, budget, suitability, durability, and the desired decor should be taken into account. Art Metal manufactures models of staircases using basic materials for this purpose.
Perforated metal stair treads and steps are the safest and most durable when used in the house. They have an anti-slip surface and resist corrosion. Such materials are often used in combination with wooden or steel steps (toppers). The steel treads for spiral stairs will complement the Baroque and Gothic-style houses.
A classic option for the inter-floor staircase inside the house. The steps are made of durable wood species: oak, ash, beech, pine, and more exotic – wenge. Such material is environmentally friendly and looks harmonious in the interior, creating a cozy atmosphere with a fireplace and upholstered furniture. Wooden steps should be protected from high humidity and treated with special agents.
These staircases are made of specially tempered glass, so they are safe and durable. They are suitable for use in cantilever types of stairs, emphasizing the weightless effect of the steps. Glass models make rooms look more spacious and look great in high-tech, bionic, minimalist, and hygge styles.
We combine steel stairs with wood or glass inserts, as well as realize any of your ideas. Contact us for a free consultation on the selection of materials and decor for the stairs in your house!
Checklist for choosing a staircase
Before you begin the detailed design of your inter-floor walkway or purchase existing prefab metal stairs, decide on these criteria:
1. Budget: determine the amount available to you and compare it with the manufacturer’s prices.
2. Space in the house: indicate the location of the stairs and the approximate parameters of the object.
3. Safety and comfort: consider the nuances of using the staircase by children and the elderly.
4. Style: choose a staircase and railing that matches the overall interior of your room.
5. Country/city building codes: check the official websites of government agencies for all requirements.
6. Material: choose the right type among wooden, glass, combined, or metal stairs.
7. Type: choose straight, spiral, cantilever, curved, L-shaped, or other stairs.
8. Railing: think about their appearance, height, material, and style.
Our experts select steel stairs design based on available space in the house, safety requirements, and comfort of owners and their guests. We will work with you to determine each item on the checklist to produce the best option for your space!
Our company is engaged in the installation and production of steel stairs of various kinds. We assemble and construct stairs with or without railing, selecting the right options for your house.
By cooperating with Art Metal, you will get:
– Quality products. We prefer modern steel stairs that can withstand heavy loads and are durable.
– Unique solutions. Our specialists offer ideas for your house and make an unusual staircase, which will give the style of the room a wow factor.
– Responsible approach. We plan projects within the timeline and boundary budget and discuss all the details with the client before the start of work.
We will provide prefabricated designs or make custom steel stringer stairs for residents from any city in Canada. Our experts will advise you and help you decide on the best option for your home! Call to pick up stairs and railing today!
How much do metal staircases cost?
The main factors that affect the price are the type of materials, design complexity, the kind of stringer, the style of the staircase, and the cost of the contractor’s services. Standard prefab steel stairs will cost 2-3 times cheaper than custom design options. Contact Art Metal, and we will calculate the cost for your project for free or pick up one of the budget options in stock.
Which staircase is best for a house?
The straight type is considered the most common among the many types of stairs. They are easy to install and design and fit perfectly into the setting of any home. You can also select one of the prefab steel stairs, which will provide a temporary passage to the attic and will not take up much space in the house. The choice of stairs depends on your preferences, indoor space, and purpose.
Which metal is best for a staircase?
Some of the most durable, safe, and strong will be steel staircases. This metal does not rust, is not slippery, and does not require constant maintenance. Steel looks spectacular in spiral types of construction and suits almost any modern style.