Balusters perform a supporting function and add security to the structure by closing the access to open space. Balusters have always been an essential decorative design for all interior staircases in the home. Indoor balusters give the railing mechanical strength and are a protection against injury to people. It is especially important to have them in the house to protect small children.
Many staircase baluster ideas are now available in the market. Because of the ability to decorate even the most unsightly stairs, they are made of different materials such as:
· classic wood;
· artificial and natural stone;
· glass and other materials.
Often stair balusters use several different materials in the manufacture, which were in harmony with each other without breaking the staircase balusters design. The most popular solution today is the iron baluster staircase.
Metal stair balusters near me also come in different forms, they differ in the way they are made: in the form of metal bars, cast or forged. According to the designers of Art Metal, the first option looks rather formal and in recent years is rare. But the cast and forged balusters differ in a variety of designs.
Aluminum, steel, wrought iron and even cast iron are used to make metal balusters. These options are suitable for modern matte black interiors in the styles of high-tech, loft, and forged will look great in the Gothic and Baroque. Metal is a reliable material that will last a long time and requires minimal maintenance. Aluminum staircase balusters from metal manufacturers will please you with its exquisite appearance and protect against falls for many years.
Call Art Metal at 416-848-4588 for professional assistance and quality service for selection, installation and stair balusters replacement.
Iron balusters sooner or later will need to be replaced like all other products. Everything has an expiration date and it is important to treat this issue responsibly. As soon as you notice damage contact Art Metal specialists for staircase railing kits and new spindles. We will help you choose a suitable design of balusters and reliably install them in your home.
Let’s break down the most common reasons for replacing balusters:
· The stair balusters glass is cracked, chipped or broken. This happens very rarely because the balusters are made of very strong glass. But there is always the risk of dropping something heavy on the stairs or damaging the balusters when you bring a new piano upstairs.
· Metal balusters for stairs can become corroded. Most often this occurs either after many, many years or due to improper maintenance.
· Wooden balusters can deteriorate as this material tends to deform due to high humidity.
Determining the type of stair balusters will help a few criteria: the material of supports, steps, handrail, the overall design of the staircase and the interior of the house. The financial side of the issue and the peculiarities of care is also important to consider. To facilitate your choice, Art Metal has gathered a few tips for you:
1. Natural shades of wood fill the atmosphere of the house with warmth and comfort. Such supports go well with wooden railings and steps. But the material needs to be cared for – to cover with protective compositions (from fire, moisture, and damage by insects), to protect from excessive moisture, hot objects and chemicals.
2. Metal staircase balusters provide stairs with lightness, at the same time creating a sense of the reliability of support. Iron balusters look beautiful in the symbiosis with wooden steps and a railing system. This combination has a respectable timeless look.
3. Glass support is the best option when the other structural elements of the staircase are made of wood or metal. Glass can be textured or smooth, transparent or frosted. In the care of glass elements are not demanding, but the glossy surface of the fingerprints remain.
4. Gypsum and stone will help make the interior majestic. Granite or marble will endow the stairs with a unique natural pattern of different shades, and gypsum can be independently painted in the desired color. But such balusters will not be cheap.
5. Polyurethane balusters will not hit the budget as much and can take any shape and shade. But the satin black material itself is soft enough and, despite the metal frame inside, will not tolerate rough treatment.
Art Metal Workshop offers a huge assortment and a wide variety of stair balusters installation. Modern style, reliability, durability and resistance to external influences are sure to please you and help transform your home!