Exterior stairs are an integral part of modern buildings: country houses, cottages, residential houses, as well as household and garage buildings. The arrangement of staircases allows you to solve such problems:
Outdoor staircases are made of wood or concrete, but the most durable material is metal. New technologies for the production of materials for metal structures allow you to create durable and multifunctional products that will become a real decoration of the exterior of the house. What are outdoor metal stairs, and what does every homeowner need to know about them?
Metal stairs are ideal for both safe outdoor and indoor use, as well as for creating an attractive exterior of a home. Exterior stairs made of metal must meet a number of criteria:
Strength. Bearing parts of the external and internal structures must be able to withstand serious mechanical loads and weights.
Resistance to deformation. Staircase retains their original appearance after shrinkage of the house or in cases of construction of a dwelling on uneven terrain.
Safety. The choice of quality supporting material and wide elements, complete structures with barriers, handrails, and railing minimizes the risk of injuries on the way up and down.
Wear resistance. The material withstands UV rays, moisture, temperature fluctuations, and mechanical damage.
Comfort. Properly selected tilt angle, the height of treads, and other design elements.
Outdoor steel stairs differ from other analogues by their durability. The material used for the production of staircases is not subject to the negative impact of external factors. Extend the service life of metal structures by using special coatings that prevent the formation of rust and slip.
According to the method of fixing the steps and the type of supporting structure, there are such metal stairs:
– With mono stringer: a classic staircase, the main element of which is a load-bearing beam (string) with grooves for the steps.
– With side stringers (channels): the traditional way of fixing the steps, they are laid on top of an inclined beam (stringers). There can be from one to three such beams. Universal stairs on struts are suitable for installation in all types of premises.
– On the bolts: an ergonomic option for creating modular structures in the style of high-tech, which involves fixing the steps to the hinged balusters (huge bolts).
By type, staircase metal structures are:
As a rule, the basis of any design is a metal frame. Our masters design it based on the size of the stairwell and the dimensions of the future structure; they also take into account the method of attachment: to the wall or additional support. Then they calculate the strength and select the appropriate range (screws, pipes, strips, channel bars).
Art Metal specialists will help you to prepare the base for each of the above options, select the right design, as well as provide all the necessary technical documentation.
Before setting up a staircase outside, first of all, you should remember about safety, so it is worth equipping it with reliable treads. These structure elements are exposed to moisture, or ice crusts can form on them. To protect children and adults from damage and injury, metal treads for outdoor stairs are better to be made of such sheets:
Corrugated page: material with embossed anti-slip coating, which excludes falls and injuries. This type of product has resistance to corrosion, so it is suitable for prolonged use in outdoor conditions;
Standard serrated grating: differs from the corrugated sheet at lower cost. The material has improved performance characteristics that allow it to withstand both mechanical stresses and adverse climatic factors. It can be galvanized and with anti-slip features.
Perforated or lattice: characterized by low weight, easy installation, and the ability to withstand any load. The best choice for the arrangement of the fire escape.
Metal sheets for treads include black metal, stainless steel, galvanized metal, or aluminum. Most often, combinations of metal, stone, tile, and hardwood (larch, acacia, or oak) are used to create interior stairs.
Another important element of outdoor metal stairs is railings. They are easily attached to the metal frame with welding equipment. Such designs can be welded and prefabricated, as well as straight, spiral, curved, and arched – it all depends on your imagination. Stair railings contact steps, pipes, cables, floor holders, and other staircase elements.
Railing from metal is made not only in the classic version but also in combinations with exquisite patterns. Artistic design is a real wow factor for creating unique designs. Successful combinations with glass, forging, and ropes, as well as the use of proven technologies (e.g., powder coated), ensure not only the safe operation of the structures but also serve as successful exterior decoration.
Metal outdoor stairs perform not only functional roles but also aesthetic. Therefore, to create a unique interior, materials are chosen in accordance with design ideas. Art Metal company sells components for stairs of great quality only. Due to the variety of forms and invisible contact, even the usual metal front stairs will look elegant and prestigious.
Before constructing outdoor metal stairs, you should consider what purposes they will serve. So, evacuation stairs are better to mount in the backyard in compliance with fire safety standards, but for the grand staircase, it is better to leave the area at the main entrance.
Before constructing a staircase, you should create a project of the future structure. This specifies the type of construction, design, number of steps, and material. For an accurate calculation of the future design, we carry out a visit to the client.
The manufacturing process of outdoor metal stairs is divided into several steps:
– choosing the location and dimensions of the structure;
– making measurements;
– creation of the future model, discussion of design ideas;
– development of technical documentation and design;
– choice and purchase of materials;
– production of the main elements of the staircase;
– welding load-bearing parts of the structure;
– metal coating with anti-corrosion agents;
– installation of a stair at the site.
For ease of use and safe operation of stairs at the stages of design and construction, we are guided by technological standards. When building stairs, we observe such parameters as:
– the standard width of the staircase: from 0.8 to 1 meter;
– depth of steps: from 25 to 40 cm, and their height: from 12 to 20 cm;
– the angle of inclination of treads for uniform water drainage: 1-2%;
– the slope of the stairs: 35-40 degrees;
– optimal weight for operation: 200 kg.
In addition, the ladder should be well lit, and long products are better equipped with sturdy balusters. The undoubted advantage of metal stairs is the lack of creaking.
In order to construct sturdy and practical outdoor stairs, you may need an average of 50 days
Art Metal is a company that has been manufacturing iron products for 15 years. We work exclusively for the well-being of our customers, perform free measurements, and design and assemble reliable structures. After the implementation of the project, we provide a lifetime warranty on it.
If you become a customer of Art Metal, you are guaranteed to get:
– Durable products which are not afraid of mechanical stress and weather conditions;
– Maximum safety for those who use metal staircases;
– A variety of design solutions: we will listen to all the ideas and create a staircase just for your needs, whether it is residential outdoor metal stairs with landing, wood stairs, or any other metal structures;
– Minimum time: we perform all work strictly according to the contract and even faster, and the speed of installation of staircase structures is not reflected in their quality;
– Cost-effective solutions: the cost of our metal products is more than affordable, especially considering their durability;
– Fast assembly and installation: our specialists have all the necessary tools.
Do you want to build a functional and sturdy metal staircase on your property? Contact the Art Metal manager, and they will help you choose not only beautiful but also safe construction, considering all of your wishes. We are ready to implement the most creative design ideas. We perform all work on custom projects with high quality and in the shortest possible time.
This type is designed to be placed in front of the house’s front entrance or for small loft apartments. It has wide steps that end with a platform. The steel staircase is further divided into two straight structures that point in different directions.
– gives access to opposite parts of the second floor;
– impressive in scope and size.
– requires more space in the house;
– more expensive because of the complexity and configuration of the structure than other types.
Professionals at Art Metal will fulfill any of your design wishes. We advise what types are available and best fit for your project as well as custom make unique staircases for your house or office! Leave your contacts and wait for a call!
How much are outdoor metal stairs?
When planning the installation of custom staircase construction, you should understand that the final cost of the project will depend on a number of factors:
– the type of materials;
– the complexity of design and installation;
– the use of decorative elements (forged or glass railing, artificial stone flooring, steps made of hardwood).
How much does an outdoor metal staircase cost?
The price list of Art Metal with indicative prices for all products can be found on the website. The final cost of stairs is determined after processing the picture, choosing the construction material, and methods of coating the metal for protection against rust.
Our engineers calculate the price of products based on your sketches or photos and offer examples of finished products and decorative elements. If you order a staircase, the complexity of installation can be included in the price of the work. There is a sale system and good offers.
How much does it cost to rebuild an outdoor staircase?
Specialists of our company perform not only engineering calculations and installation of staircase structures but also deal with their restoration. The repair cost of an outdoor staircase depends on the damage to the steps, the deformation of the railing, the type of structure, and the need to carry out facing work. To order the service and clarify the cost of repair of stairs, please get in touch with the company’s manager.
How much does it cost to replace the front stairs?
Art Metal company provides repair services for outdoor stairs. For more information and the approximate work cost, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our managers. We know how to solve complex problems and create original design solutions, which will be the pride of our customers.